One juicy podcast interview just wasn’t enough, so I am back with health and wellness blogger Thalia of Notes by Thalia! I’m so excited to have her back as we dive deeper to discuss whether or not social media is distorting our perception of healthy living!
- Toxic trends on social media, such as the “what I eat in a day” trend.
- Why these trends are toxic and dangerous.
- Why we as a culture are seeing social media as a genuine health source, or at the very least, a well-being guide that we can trust.
- Thalia does some myth-busting around what health and wellbeing really is.
- I ask her whether or not she thinks influencers, coaches, online brands etc do enough to clarify that this is not medical advice, and how they could do more/be held accountable?
- And finally, Thalia shares how people can better equip themselves to differentiate between real sound health advice and simple trends on social media.
I hope you enjoyed our discussion on whether or not social media is distorting our perception of healthy living, and on having Thalia back on the podcast, I definitely did!
Listen to Thalia’s first podcast episode here:
Episode 19: Instagram and The Wellness Industry: Is It Toxic? with Thalia Tourikis
Apple Podcast link: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-social-self-podcast/id1606710402?i=1000569596405
Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5DY8jpDKWBoAPen9pYuA7Z?si=a1b4eef781454400
Thalia is the founder of Notes by Thalia, a personal wellness blog that promotes a healthy work-life balance; one where productivity and self-care can work side by side and you don’t need to sacrifice one over the other.
Through her weekly blog posts, Thalia encourages her readers to mindfully navigate and balance their day through sustainable productivity tips and holistic self-care practices, so they can find a moment of calm in a busy world.
For more realistic wellness tips and self-care ideas, you can find her on Instagram, Pinterest and TikTok all under @notesbythalia.
For more insight into her well-being journey and everything in between, head over to her blog; notesbythalia.com
And for a moment of calm straight to your inbox every Wednesday, you can sign up for her newsletter at notesbythalia.com/subscribe
The book that Thalia mentioned in the show: The Gospel of Wellness by Rina Raphael
Cassie is an ex-social media strategist turned certified digital wellbeing consultant, coach and speaker. She’s on a mission to help individuals and organizations navigate the digital landscape, improve your overall wellbeing, and equip you with the tools necessary to thrive in a tech-driven future.